Part-time: up to 20 hours per week, flexible
Location: Scranton, PA
Hourly Pay: $12/hour
The Payroll, Bookkeeping Clerk will enter and maintain payroll and bookkeeping data and records for the
- Using data supplied by the clients – enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; data may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Logs and files incoming client financial and payroll documents to correct folders in Microsoft OneDrive
- Enters data from clients receipts in Microsoft Excel
- Ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
- Reports differences or issues found in financial records.
- Seeks assistance from supervisor or other appropriate staff for issues and questions beyond immediate expertise.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
- Ability to efficiently operate or the ability to quickly learn a 10-key calculator or equivalent and other office equipment such as scanner, fax machine, printer
- Familiar with or ability to quickly learn Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and OneDrive
- Ability to follow administrative and clerical procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accurate data entry and typing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 6 months of work experience in an office is preferred but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Drop us a line!